There are two opportunities with Jane Rutter coming up at the MECC. The first is her concert. Jane Rutter – French Kiss, which is on Thursday 13 March 2014 11 am @ MECC Auditorium. The second opportunity is a Jane Rutter Masterclass, which is on Thursday 13 March 2014 3:30pm-5:30pm. The cost for entry to the workshop is $5 per person. Also, you may like to perform for Jane … she is happy for any type of instrument to perform in the workshop, not just flutes and her requirements are as follows – Students need to have one study piece, and one or two contrasting pieces to perform.
1. Beginning instrumental students need tons of encouragement
2. Playing an instrument is an adult skill
3. Sometimes they must practice loud to develop good tone
4. Practice is important-every day
5. Find them a comfortable place in which to practice
6. Musical instruments are not toys. They are very fragile, precision instruments.
Pianist, Van Clyburn refused to perform in London after savage criticisms from its press. Maria Callas was destroyed by bad critiques. Performing artists must learn to cope with criticism......
If you want your flute to perform well and be with you for a long time, you must take good care of it. Here are some practical tips on caring for your flute.